Friday, May 3, 2013

Don't mind the mess


I am in the process of moving Total iPad from a self-hosted Wordpress blog over to Blogger. With the recent integration of Google+ comments into Blogger this is the perfect chance for me to continue posting content to Total iPad while adding some interaction with fellow iPad users in the process. With Total iPad I have always kept comments turned off because I was getting an enormous amount of spam or trolling comments. With Google+ comments I can control what comments show up on the blog more easily as I don't get a lot of spam on Google+, well not on most of my post anyway. Trolls yes but not spam. The trolls are easy to manage though, a simple click of the block button and no more negativity.

In the process of moving all the content from Wordpress to Blogger some things will be broken. Images are the biggest problem, you might read a post and notice the image is broken. That is because when I imported all my post from Wordpress the images were hosted on the hosting account. I will have to manually go through all 400+ post and check to see which post had images and which ones didn't. Tags will also be broken, I think. Some of my video tutorials might not work as not all my videos were hosted on my YouTube channel. Some of the videos where self-hosted like the images and those will be broken. Also I was using a Bluberry plugin to push my content to iTunes and I think those videos were also broken. I have a lot of work ahead of me but I will get it all back to normal, it might take a couple of weeks but it will be worth it in the long run!

I honestly wasn't sure I wanted to even keep Total iPad but I enjoy doing reviews of Apps and I like the Google+ integration so why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment