Thursday, May 10, 2012

Targus - Citygear Mini (Review)

I have been using this Targus bag for about a month now, it is a messenger style iPad bag made of Nylon. This is a great, inexpensive day to day bag. I do recommend it if you want something durable as a second messenger bag. It is probably not ideal as a main messenger bag do to the comfort of it and it is nylon so the design is not the greatest, but this is all opinion, I prefer leather myself.

It has quite a few different storage compartments and plenty of room to store more than just your iPad. A netbook would fit in this case along with your iPad if you needed to carry both.

Dimensions of the bag:

Interior - 10.62" x 1.5" X 7.52"

Exterior - 10.75" x 3.8" x 8.75"

Targus

The strap on the bag is decent length, I measured it at about 4ft. long. The shoulder pad is not very padded and it may be uncomfortable after a while, but the bag does have a carrying handle on the top of it so if it starts to get heavy or rub against your neck you can carry the bag as well.

Targus

The compartment on the front has a couple of slots for either pens or maybe a stylus. It also features a compartment for your iPhone as well as another slot for cables or maybe your camera connection kit. Be aware though this open slot is not ideal, I noticed that if you tip the bag upside down or sideways you may risk losing any of your items that are in there, it is probably more ideal for a cable or two.

Targus

I found the iPhone compartment to be very snug as well, my iPhone only has a bumper cover on it and it barely fit in the slot. If you have a case on your iPhone you may find that it will not fit into the phone storage area. Also, if you have a larger phone such as an Android phone that will most likely not fit either since they tend to have larger screens and are wider phones.

Targus

On the front of the bag there is another pouch with a zipper that is more ideal for your camera connection kit or Square adapter. There is not a lot of room in this front pouch but it will fit the camera kit and Square card reader nicely, the Apple headphones will fit in there also.

Targus

Will 2 iPads fit? Yes they will, matter of fact I was able to fit 3 iPads in this bag. It was snug but I fit my iPad 1, iPad 2 and new iPad (3) all in this case. There is only one slot that is designed for the iPad, it is a padded compartment and is designed to protect the iPad against scratches and bumps. The divide in the bag allows for storage of other items or a netbook, but if you have more than one iPad it will fit nicely in there. The padded compartment fits the iPad nicely with the Smart Cover on it, I am not sure about a case on the iPad though. It may fit depending on the case and how thick it is, but you might have to work it in there as the iPad is pretty snug with just the Smart Cover.

Targus

On the back of the bag there is another pouch that seals with velcro, this is probably an ideal place for more cables or maybe even the 10w iPad charger. You could keep it in the front pouch or the empty slot in the area where I was putting my other iPads. But this feels like an ideal slot for it.

Targus

Last but not least, the keyboard. Yes I was able to fit my Apple bluetooth keyboard into the bag although it was not an ideal fit, it does fit in there but barely, it was very snug.

Keyboard

Overall I am happy with this as a second bag, I can see myself using this in many different situations such as going to the beach or if it is raining outside. I would rather bring this bag since it is nylon and it will not get ruined if it gets a few raindrops on it. It is a very inexpensive bag, I paid $30 for it so I can be a little rougher than normal with it and save my main iPad bag for more professional situations or when I go on vacation. This is a great day to day bag that I can put all the wear and tear I want on it.

Size 4/5

Design 3/5

Durability 3/5

Weight 4/5

Storage Space 5/5

Purchase on Amazon ($30.57 USD) Targus Citygear Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment