Saturday, September 15, 2012

Quotebook

Quotebook by Lickability is a fantastic universal iOS application that allows you to keep a notebook of quotes. Quotebook is $2.99 in the App Store and is money well spent if you are always bookmarking things you find online.

I use Quotebook a lot with things I come across on Twitter as I follow some very interesting, witty folks, who are always saying very clever things. I also use it to highlight things I may find online when reading my news feeds in RSS. If I am reading an iBook I can easily highlight something I see in that book, tag it, refer to it later.

For me Twitter is what I quote the most. If I see something on Twitter of course I can ‘star it’ and add it to my favorites, but I do not have an easy way to find that particular Tweet. I can scroll through my saved favorites but after a couple of weeks that may be a lot of scrolling. With Quotebook I can link to that Tweet, highlight the text, tag it with keywords or even the author. Open Quotebook and search by the author, tags or even the source which in this case would be Twitter.

When I read my news via RSS I will use Quotebook as a way to link back to a particular article I am reading. Depending on which iPad reader you are using you may not be able to tag that particular feed in the reader app. Enter Quotebook. I don’t always read news in just an RSS reader if I am on a website I will highlight things and with Quotebook I can again quote, tag, link to author and source of the article.

I just gave you a couple of the ways I use Quotebook and you may not read RSS feeds or for that matter even use Twitter. Those definitely are not the only uses for it, they are just the way I happen to find it useful for myself. Quotebook has a ton of ways to be useful on your iPad. Check out my video demo above to get a better idea of how it may help you with your workflow on your iPad. I would love to hear how you find Quotebook useful, reach out to me on Twitter @iCrizzo.

Features:



  • Syncing. Sync quotes between your iPhone and iPad via iCloud.

  • Sharing. Send a quote via Email, iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.

  • Auto-Detection. Add new quotes from your clipboard instantly.

  • Search. Powerful full text search of all your quotes, authors, sources, and tags.

  • Wiki-Powered. Easily learn more about authors on Wikipedia and find more of their quotes on Wikiquote right from within the app.

  • Add from Instapaper


Quotebook — A Notebook for Quotes - Lickability

1 comment: