Wednesday, February 20, 2013

iPad update bug fix

This is not really a bug fix so to speak but just something that I happened to notice tonight while trying to update an iPad. The iPad in question was still running iOS 6.0 and in settings it was showing that the update available was 6.1 when actually the latest version of iOS available is 6.1.2.

photo

I wasn't paying attention to the iOS update version number and every time I would try to update I would get the message as shown in the image above that I was not connected to the Internet. I tried to close Settings and relaunch it and it still would not find the updated version of iOS. I made sure to check that I indeed had Internet access and tried to install again, the same message appeared.

The fix to this issue is easy, reboot the iPad. To reboot the iPad just power it off by holding the power button until you see the slide to power off option, after it powers down turn the iPad back on and now open settings. For me it immediately started searching for the latest version of iOS and I was able to install the current version of iOS 6.1.2.

I have never noticed this before, mostly because I always update my devices as soon as an OS update is available. I know I have seen a lot of people on the Apple Forums and Twitter complaining that their iOS devices are not showing the latest update as available and I would be willing to bet they are running into the same problem as I was.

Have an iPad related question or a comment on this? Try me on Twitter @iCrizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment