Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Google Now for iOS?

Could Google Now be coming soon to iOS? It sure looks like it. This video was posted on YouTube then quickly removed, I grabbed a cached copy of it and uploaded it myself. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for that. :)

It looks as if Google Now will work inside the Search app for iOS. Now is a terrific feature on Android, I am not sure how terrific it will be on iOS. Having to open an app and then swiping up to get the weather takes much more time than just swiping down from anywhere to access the weather widget built into iOS in notifications. Google Now does much more than that but honestly I have used an Android phone for 2 months now that is all I ever use Now for, a quick check of the weather. Most of the other information I get from Now has not been really useful to me, it is cool that it is learning my habits but the information I was getting was not really useful to me on a day to day basis.

Have you tried Google Now? Are you excited to see this on iOS? Let me know via Twitter @iCrizzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment