Saturday, June 16, 2012

iA Writer (review)

iA Writer is one of my all around favorite iPad applications, coupled with an Apple bluetooth keyboard it makes a great combination. I have been using iA Writer on my iPad for about 6 months now, iA Writer also has an OS X counterpart that syncs beautifully using iCloud. I should mention that iA Writer is a universal application so it will run on your iPhone or iPod Touch as well. All that is nice but that is not what I love about iA Writer, what I love about it is the beautiful whitespace I view on my iPad when I am typing, no distractions, after a few lines the paragraph will just fade away allowing you to focus on what you are writing.  iA Writer is not a word processor or text editor, it is just a writing app and nothing more. There are no settings with iA Writer, well there is one for the iPad, Focus Mode = On or Off. That is what makes it ideal, I don't want to worry about text size or font. I just want to write.

My normal workflow for blogging on my iPad revolves around 2 applications - iA Writer and Blogsy. I usually write my content in iA Writer then copy the text and paste it in Blogsy to format it, add photos or videos and get it ready to post to my personal blog. I also write most of what is on Total iPad in iA Writer and Blogsy as well.

[photos_bar]

Features:
Seamless sync between Mac, iPhone and iPad
iCloud
Dropbox
Keyboard extension with ← → and punctuation keys
FocusMode™ lets you concentrate on active text (iPad only)
Typeface optimized for iPhone and iPad

Download iA Writer here:
iA Writer - Information Architects, Inc.

Developers Website

1 comment: