Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mr. Reader for iPad

I have been a long time Reeder app user on my iPad. I have used it for over a year now and it is a great little app. Two things really bugged me though.

1). I had to buy it twice (iPad and iPhone) as it is not a universal app. I really don't have a problem supporting other developers, but universal apps are a must nowadays. I also own it on my Mac so that makes it 3 times, but I do not expect to pay once and have it work between iOS and OS X.

2). It does not sync between the iPhone and iPad, this should not be a problem with iCloud now available.

The Reeder app should be updated with these features. So I went searching for a new RSS app that has them and found Mr. Reader by Oliver Fürniß

Mr. Reader is a beautiful app that has all features that Reeder is missing, one of my favorite features is sending stories to Evernote, it sends the entire article not just the link which is worth it's weight in Gold. I can now use Evernote as an Instapaper type app where is just post the article automatically. No work to be done on my end. Currently Mr. Reader is only available on the iPad and it cost $3.99.

You can download it here:

Mr. Reader - Oliver Fürniß

No comments:

Post a Comment