Friday, June 15, 2012

iPad battery test

I saw a post online about the iPad charging faster while it was powered off vs. charging it while it was powered on but in “sleep mode”. What I found out was that it did not make much of a difference, the iPad did not charge any faster powered off vs. powered on.


It was a fun little test, below is a chart I whipped up showing the difference between being powered on vs. powered off:

( 0-100 is the battery percentage )




It took a total of 6 hours and 6 minutes to go from 1% battery life to 100% battery life while powered off, I did not continue to test to see how long it took while powered on, I stopped after the timer reached 6 hours and 6 minutes. The iPad was at 98% when I stopped the clock.

Have a comment or question? Try me on Twitter @totalipad

No comments:

Post a Comment