Friday, August 3, 2012

10 great iPad RSS feed reader apps

I love reading news on my iPad, Mr. Reader is probably the single most used application on my iPad. Some people claim RSS is dead but I disagree, without RSS feeds popular application like Flipboard or great podcast applications like Downcast or Instacast would not exist. Honestly I think Flipboard saved RSS if anything, yes it was dying and Flipboard brought it back to life, so to speak. Now there are a ton of apps that try to mimic what Flipboard does on the iPad. While Flipboard is a wonderful app that I use every day it is not my favorite RSS reader, that is a toss up between Mr. Reeder or Reeder.

I put together a list of the 10 best RSS news apps on the iPad. 5 paid and 5 free apps. Try all the free apps to find what will serve your needs or choose wisely and pick one of the paid applications. All of the applications use Google Reader, they also include social sharing so you can read links and share with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and a few other places.

[photos_bar]

Paid Apps
Mr. Reader - Oliver Fürniß

Reeder for iPad - Silvio Rizzi

Feeddler RSS Reader Pro - C.B. Liu

Cappuccino News Reader - Bloop (Currently iPhone only, but works great on iPad in 2X)

NetNewsWire for iPad - NewsGator Technologies, Inc.




Free Apps
Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine - Flipboard Inc.

Zite Personalized Magazine - Zite, Inc.

Pulse News for iPad - Alphonso Labs Inc

feedly - DevHD

Google Currents - Google, Inc.



Have a great RSS application that you think I should have included on this list? Send me a message on Twitter @iCrizzo or email me.

You can follow Total iPad on Twitter @totalipad
Like Total iPad on Facebook
Add me to a circle on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment