Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fox News - You Decide (review)

This is a big app, but a simple app. What do you mean, Wilson? Well, it's a map; that's the simple part. You can essentially make up your own Red State vs. Blue State map where you mark up what you think will be the 2012 election results. I guess for some, it's fun to guess up what you think will happen and then after the election go back to see where you were right and wrong.


The complex part is you can share your maps to facebook, Twitter (with @'ing @KarlRove and @JoeTrippi, FN contributors), and via e-mail.

Also, you can see the predictions of Karl Rove and Joe Trippi by selecting their profile and then you can compare your brains with theirs.

What I did was first make my own map. I was doing it off memory and evidently, my memory sucks. I tried to just think how the people of various states would vote based on my prior experience. I got a lot right, but historically speaking, I got a lot wrong, too.

[photos_bar]

It is interesting to be able to compare yourself with history and the professional pundits, like Rove and Trippi.

Other than that, this is the extent of the app. It's basically like playing Fantasy Politics instead of Fantasy Baseball.

I rate this app 4/5. The reason why I gave it 4 instead of 3 was the "fantasy" side of the game. It is, after all, a simplified game, in a way. The reason I didn't give it a 5 is the lack of more social media services.

You Decide 2012 Map - FOX News Digital
You Decide 2012 Map - FOX News Digital

No comments:

Post a Comment