Friday, October 5, 2012

Glam Rock Folio by Cygnett

The Glam Rock folio case is another terrifically designed iPad accessory from Cygnett. The Glam features a beautiful shiny, high gloss patent leather outside with a soft black felt-like inside. The Glam is designed to be used with the iPad 2 and ‘the new’ iPad or iPad ‘3’ as many including myself refer to it.

Slide your iPad into the Glam and secure it in place with the velcro flap that will keep your iPad securely inside the case and keep it from sliding out. The Glam features a magnetic closure so the cover will put your iPad to sleep when you close the front cover or wake your iPad when you lift the front flap. The magnetic closure is iPad 2 ready, for the iPad ‘3’ you will have to install an additional magnet. It does not take much effort, basically you just remove adhesive tape from the back of the magnet and place it in a designated spot on the inside front door of the folio. I assume this was because the case was designed for the iPad 2 and when the iPad ‘3’ was released Apple added additional magnets in the iPad ‘3’. I have tested the case with my iPad 3 and it did not cause me any problems and worked fine for me.

[photos_bar]

Need to use your iPad when it is in the folio? No problem, the Glam features 3 different multi-view angles so you can prop up your iPad when you want to watch a movie or lower it when you are reading a book. When I had my iPad propped-up it did not feel flimsy when touching the iPad, it felt very sturdy unlike when I stand-up my iPad using the Smart Cover. You can also lay your iPad flat when you need to type on it which really helps because it raises the iPad about an inch from the surface making it easier to type. This gives the iPad a more natural ‘keyboard like feel’ when typing on the soft keys of the iPad.

The iPad fits nicely in the Glam Rock and does not add much weight to the iPad although it does make the iPad a tad bit thicker to carry. It is not bulky just thicker but that should be expected since it is a folio case. When the iPad is in the folio case you are still able to access all the ports and buttons on the iPad. The 30-pin connector is still easily accessible to plug your USB cable into. I was also able to easily connect my Camera Connection Kit into my iPad while it was in the Glam. I could not use my dock though, but the iPad slides easily enough in and out of the case so if I needed to dock my iPad that I did not consider it a hassle. The earbud jack was also easily accessible when plugging my headphones into the iPad while in the case. I also had no problems using the volume buttons and mute/rotate switch on the side of the iPad.

Pros:


Shiny metallic finish
Multi-View angles
Magnetic closure
Very sturdy

Cons:


Not having the magnet pre-installed for iPad 3

Final Thoughts:


Overall this is a nicely designed iPad folio case and if you are looking for a case to make a fashion statement then you should consider the Cygnett Glam Rock Folio. The metallic patent leather finish looks great and the single stitch seam running along the outside of the case adds to the overall appeal. The case is designed very well so it will keep your iPad safe from scratches and probably most drops as well. My iPad feels very well padded while in the Glam Rock. I consider the multi-view angles to be an extremely huge plus, especially when watching videos on my iPad.

The Glam Rock Folio by Cygnett retails for only $59.99. When you are ready to purchase the Glam Rock you can head over to cygnett.com or follow this link to their website.

Be sure to check out Cygnett’s other terrific accessories.

Cygnett Website.
You can follow Cygnett of Twitter.
Like Cygnett of Facebook.
View their demo videos on YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. [...] iPad is not in use. I did not have to add any additional magnets to the Alumni like I did with the Glam Rock, the Alumni is ready to go out of the box. The sleep/wake function works flawlessly with the [...]

    ReplyDelete