Friday, October 19, 2012

Vodio for iPad

Vodio is a universal iOS video magazine application. Vodio is a really cool Flipboard like application for iOS but only instead of news it is all videos. Vodio has social integration built right into the application, you can sign in with your YouTubeTwitter, or Facebook account. When you log in with your social network accounts you will get a panel with all the videos your friends and family members have shared on those networks. But you don't need a social account to use the application, you can add panels to your Vodio stream by picking topics that interest you. I enjoy my iPad so I have panels set up for iPad Apps and iPad news videos.

[photos_bar]

There are a ton of different channels to choose from, not just technology. Some of the channels include:

  • Entertainment

  • Comedy

  • Sports

  • Movies

  • Apps

  • Tech

  • Music

  • Cool & Inspiring

  • News

  • Viral

  • Celebrities

  • Automotive

  • Science

  • more....




In each of these channels are sub-channels, take the Game channel for instance. It features topcis that include: Xbox, Machinima, Electronic Arts, GameSpot and more..


This is a superb application, especially on the iPad and now that iOS 6 has removed the YouTube app. Vodio is the best way to not only experience YouTube but to also find more great video content on your iPad.



Two things I wish the developers would consider adding:


  1. Vimeo - If I could get my Vimeo feed in the app I would be set to go.

  2. Search - I would like to be able to search for videos by tags or topics.


Even without those features this is probably the best video application I have used on the iPad. I have a couple of apps that I currently use but I have a feeling they will not see much use from here on out. Vodio is free in the App Store and to be honest if you do not give it shot you would have to be insane, it is a great app, go download it. Now.


Vodio for iPad: Vodio Video Magazine - Discover, Watch and Share Great Videos - Vodio Labs Ltd.

Vodio for iPhone: Vodio Video Magazine - Discover, Watch and Share Great Videos - Vodio Labs Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment